National Poetry Day

Today is National Poetry Day. I was invited to attend an event, but got home late and missed the start - so this is my contribution by way of getting my finger out and making more of an effort.
The recording features two of my own poems appearing in the collection Moon Poets - The Song of Mr Tumnus & Setka Waits. I was hoping to write something new for today, but I left my brain on the train so the inspiration may be as erratic as our erstwhile transport network (I still blame Dr Beeching) in terms of when it arrives.
The last poem is by Hilary Llewellyn-Williams, who lives in Wales and writes quite a few poems inspired by the folklore and magical landscapes of the country. Her poem is called Changeling and appears in her 1997 collection Animaculture. She is a great poet and I recommend her work. I'll be including at least one of her compositions in the talk I am giving in December on Celtic poetry at West Suffolk College for the series of Edmunds Lectures.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Paganism

The Children of Green Knowe #10