National Storytelling Week

As it is now National Storytelling Week, I have asked friends to suggest themes for stories so I can record a few tales for the week. Carol gave the idea of snakes, so this is a short story rather loosely based on a Mohawk account of how snakes came into the world. Unusually for me, this is quite a brief account.
There are quite a lot of stories from around the world that see either humans as being sired by one or other animal species, or vice versa. It's a curious way of inter-relating different species and perhaps explaining such things as totemic emblems within tribal culture, and something I may reflect on at more length when my brain is working. 
A nice morning was followed by a stressful afternoon, so I'm using this as "narrative therapy" to cheer myself up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Paganism

The Children of Green Knowe #10